Last Updated: March, 2022
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information and certain other information under the following circumstances:
● If you create an account or purchase Services, we may ask you for your name, age, date of birth, geo-location and other demographic information, email address, street address or other personal information. You may, however, use certain Services without providing such personal information.
● We may use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Services, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
● We may collect your browser-type, operating system and other software or hardware information.
● We may collect information about searches and queries you perform, other users you interact with, subjects that you are studying and other related information.
● We may use internal tools and third party applications and services (such as Google Analytics) to collect and analyze information.
● We may use “cookies”; to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the Do we use “cookies”; section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
● We will also collect any information that you provide to us if you correspond with us or post any User Content through the Services. Such as leaving a comment, submitting data or correcting data.
If you are under 18, you should always get permission from your parents before providing any personal information (such as your name or email address). We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to register an account with us or provide other personal information without their parent’s or guardian’s consent.
3. What information do we get from others?
Generally, we may supplement the information that we collect with information from other sources, such as page view information, or information that you may make available from social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
You may log in to our Services using sign-in services through Google Login. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, including your name, date of birth, and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. We do not see, read or collect any of your Google Account documents or files unless you send them to CounselMore.
You may decide to link your Google Drive. To do this, the application will need read/write access to your Google Drive to read/write on your behalf. A randomized ID masks each folder and is securely stored on the Google Cloud. We do not see, read or collect any of your Google Drive documents or files unless you send them to CounselMore.
Social Media Widgets
At the time of document revision, app.CounselMore.com does not provide or coordinate with any social media or provide interacting widgets.
At the time of document revision, app.CounselMore.com does not coordinate with Third parties, to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity.
4. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
● To operate and improve CounselMore.
● To personalize your experience and the Services and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. For instance, we may spend more of our resources to enhance features where users are spending the most time.
● To allow us to provide better service and respond to your customer service requests.
● To administer a promotion, survey or other Services feature.
● To contact you, including to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to the Services.
● To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
● To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding alleged or actual illegal activities, violations of the applicable Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
5. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
CounselMore does not provide personal information to advertisers, and does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer or disclose personal information to outside parties.
The term “outside parties”does not include our affiliates and any other parties who assist us/you in offering Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. (such as our or your third party credit card processors, Apple, Google and other parties with whom you share the same and other personal information).
If we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company (including in the event of a sale in connection with a bankruptcy), we may provide your personal information to the purchaser. We may also release your personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others; rights, property, or safety, and we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregated statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, usage and related information. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. Do we use “cookies” or other tracking technology?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our website visitors users. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (such as Chrome, iOS, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings.
We (and our third party service providers) may also use technologies such as beacons, scripts, tags and clear gifs. These technologies may be used to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users across the Services, and gather demographic information about our user base on the whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregate basis.
7. How do we handle “do not track” signals?
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, we do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
8. How do I opt-out of information collection?
You may opt out of information collection at any time by uninstalling any apps that we may offer from all of your devices, and/or by deleting any account you may have created. If you uninstall CounselMore apps or delete your account, all the folders and search profiles, referrals, you have created will also be deleted.
9. How do we retain and safeguard your personal information?
CounselMore retains your personal information only for as long as your account is active or to fulfill a legitimate business or legal purposes. Upon your request or upon deletion of your account, CounselMore will make reasonable efforts to delete your personal information; however, deletion of personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems. CounselMore follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, to maintain data security and to ensure proper use of your personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100%
secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or during its storage in our systems.
our Services and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
12. How do you ask questions and provide feedback?
13. Is my information transferred to other countries?
It is important to note that the Services are offered under United States law. However, we may transfer your information to other countries, which may have different data protection laws from the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer (such as our or your third party credit card processors, Apple, Google and other parties with whom you share the same and other personal information).
14. How do you correct or update personal information?
You can correct or update your personal information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us by electronic-mail at Support@CounselMore.com or sending a written request to:
CounselMore, LLC, Attn: Legal, 1541 Sunnyslope Ave, Belmont, CA 94002
We will maintain copies of your information to the extent retained as part of our standard backup/archive process.